Monday, September 1, 2014

Song of the day

Good morning, good morning....or at least I think it is ha ha ha ha

I've started posting on Facebook my song of the day.  Seems that music is a healing power, imagine that! I've commented on bands that some folk might not know such as Rivers In The Wasteland (The Heart) to Tracy Chapman (Talkin' Bout A Revolution). I'm an all genre kinda girl so if you have any good suggestions please let me know.  I catch myself doing what I guess would be called dancing or swaying to these songs.  Feels good to let free if you will. 

Today marks the end to my "long weekend" and it was nice having an extra day to rest up.  Since I migrated back to my folks I've calmed down the anxiety somewhat by talking with you on the phone or listening to the song of the day.  I know there's another magic pill that could help with the anxiety, but I'm trying to see how I can handle this.  My poor body is going through so much that one less battle, one less pill, I think is a positive.

I'm going home for a few hours today to visit my fur babies while dad briefly works.  I know they miss me even though they're being well cared for by Cindy.  I'm thankful this is only 5 weeks vs 5 months for their sanity....or is it mine...ya them... Lol 

Tomorrow the Chemo 6th floor will be overtaken by Allen's as Dad and Uncle B join me for support. They'll get to see the process first hand and I'm sure entertain any other patients sharing the room with me during that hour!  I have a smile on my face before this even happens. A couple "tough guys" coming to save my day!

Hope everyone had a lovely weekend.  Thanks to Renee & Erin Larson for coming to visit this weekend and I spit on the rest of you who didn't (I'm sooooo kidding!)   I just saw we've exceeded 6,000 views on the blog.  Thank you everyone for reading.  Share this with anyone you feel would like a good read (if I do say so myself)!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...