Saturday, August 30, 2014

Anxiety bites!

We've all heard the saying "reality bites" we'll I'm now coining the saying "anxiety bites".   I had no clue what anxiety was like until this and what an eye opener it is. 

Week 2 is done...10 days of treatment done...15 more to go!  I've wanted to blog over the last few days but I was so weak I struggled at holding a fork let alone typing!  My arms feel like their heavy weights pulling me down...my fingers don't seem to want to stretch out of a fist.  Don't worry I don't look like the hunchback of Notre Dame, but at times sure feel that way.  Good news is I haven't had any nausea - gotta have a win somewhere!

My routine has been staying at my parents Sun-Thu then back to my apt for the weekend.  My mother the angel has been taking me to my apts daily and Auntie Marie & Uncle Randy usually on Fridays.  I'm finding that routine is good but it doesn't stay long. Last night I was feeling really anxious.  I called my parents at 10 o'clock at night and my dad came and picked me up. I just couldn't be alone for the night no matter how much Simba snuggled me!

Anxiety is a crazy feeling.  In one moment I might want to sit on my couch and then two seconds later I want to lie on my bed & all while this is happening, my heart is beating what feels like 1,000,000 miles a minute. To calm myself down is very hard. Breathing techniques and a quick car ride with dad are helping with the "calming effect". I've always loved car rides since I was a little girl, the breeze in your face, the skyline.  Heck just typing this I calmed down LOL

I catch myself crying and saying "I just want this to be over" but then need to pick myself back up because it's not even half way.  I feel like a half way party might have to happen. Well not a big party maybe just a dinner or something...but I can't wait to say "half way baby!"

Have a nice weekend everyone!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C





2 comments:

  1. You just gotta get through girl. One day, or sometimes even just one minute at a time. Anxiety is awful. Just awful. Talk to your doctor they may have resources and support for you. I'm sorry this is happening to you. Fuck cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am jovial you take pride in what you write. It makes you stand way out from many other writers that can not push high-quality content like you. counselling

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...