Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Day 2 was blue!

Day 2 of radiation wasn't until 3:20pm so I had the morning to relax, take deep breaths and shower.  Who knew a shower would be so hard..gotta maintain decent hair.  Good hair trumps my oversized sweat suit doing nothing for my frame but oh so comfortable!  On the way to treatment I was doing a selfie, a fresh no makeup look.  As I looked over the 11 pics I cringgged and thought...pink lips...and then a selfie was born!

I've already felt the change in appetite but very aware I need to eat for what little energy I may have,  nutrition and easing the pills on my tummy.  Premium Plus crackers and crunchy grapes are my go-to food thus far.  Small meals throughout the day to ease any nausea.  After chemo I take 4 pills every 12 hrs to help this along.  Thus far I've felt like I was going to vommit but haven't...tip of the day for you!

After treatment today I rested at Candice's while mom got her hair done.  I didn't really know how I'd feel after day 2.  Today was just radiation but the chemo is still active in my body.  Candice took good care of me until mom picked me up to drive me back to my place.  I felt out of sorts but thought I'd be ok to be alone. Mom & I truck my stuff up to my place & 10 mins later she's in hall asking if I'll be alright.  I fought back tears but they came anyway.  Mom marched back in picked up my bags and back to my folks I went.

My dad has been boating for the past few days so it was nice to see him and get a dad's hug.  Gosh I'm sounding so soft!  I didn't hug or say "I love you too" before all this. I still struggle with the latter hence the XOXO.  If you look at my pictures on the right of this blog or on Instagram you can see the radiation machine. This is in it's resting place, it opens up like a flower when working its magic.

I no longer say "I'm day to day" instead I say "I'm hour to hour"

Wish me luck for day 3...getting closer to 25!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

2 comments:

  1. Way to power through all this Carly and still find the energy to post a blog update. I'm glad you are staying at your parents place. I hope it's indefinitely. The countdown is on my friend. What has begun will come to an end. Hugs.
    - Petra
    P.s. Love the pink lipstick! What shade is it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lipstick is by MAC & called Candy Yum Yum. Great shade.

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...