Thursday, August 14, 2014

Balding cats?

One of the things the chemo doctor told me is that when I undergo treatment to keep the toilet bowl lid closed. As most pet owners know, your animals often drink out of the toilet.  It always makes me think why the Brita water in their bowl isn't good enough but they do it anyway.  The reason I need to keep the lid closed is while I get chemo it will "go through me" so you don't want your animals to get sick.  All I can picture are Nalla and Simba with no hair looking like gremlins!  No offence to the hairless cats in the world, but not my kinda cat!

This week has been pretty relaxed after my weekend of cancer kick off parties.  My dear friend Elaine came and visited Tuesday.  She's the first friend I made in kindergarten, we were destined to be friends and when we see each other it's like no time has passed.

I decided to give my bedroom a mini face lift with new bedding and pale pink curtains so Sarah and I headed to Ikea yesterday.  Only issue is I don't have curtain rods up, so on Sunday my handy-man friend Marlon will be coming over to install the rods for my new look.  He's been my handyman in my last 2 apartments so he's used to this by now!  Cancer or not I'm not the girl to hang things...I have no ruler, no screws or nails. My way is thumb tacks and eye balling it. Don't keep me on your speed dial for house improvements that's for sure!

Saturday is my 39th birthday.  Gosh where has the time gone.  I still feel like I'm in my 20's but without the Madonna inspired haircut and mild alcohol problem LOL The trend of #tbt (throw back Thursdays) had me looking for a picture of me and my ladies today.  I did find many as I was addicted to photo albums until the digital era, however I didn't think everyone would be so pleased if I posted it.  One of my favorites is of us all getting ready to either head out to Kits Pub or The Big Bamboo.  Such fun times, great birthday memories.

Since most of my family are away on Pender Island this weekend, Uncle Bruce and Katyann are taking me out for a birthday dinner.  Heading east of Main St, a change no doubt, they'll pick me up and we'll head down to the New West Quay.  It'll be a lovely time and I look forward to my last real night out before treatment.  

Sunday I'll meet up with Mom as she's coming home one day early from Pender to be by my side Monday. We'll be staying at Wonderland (my home away from home) for the night so if anyone is in the area and wants to stop by drop me a line.

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


3 comments:

  1. I hate the thought of something going into you that when it comes out could make the cats sick. The only comfort is knowing that without medical advances and this treatment all of those with cancer would die but now you will go on to live a long wonderful life... celebrating living all the time.
    You will conquer this, one day at a time. Glad to hear you are getting some rest this week and redecorating.
    Chat tomorrow. Hugs
    - Petra
    P.s. I have some good book recommendations if you are interested. Books seemed to be my mom's lifeline during treatment. It was never as bad waiting when you have a good book in hand to pass the time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmm I wrote something really great and it did not publish. Inspiration only comes intermittently it seems. Will try again. Love Pink. Perhaps you might have cake with pink icing tomorrow! I was reading my running magazine (instead of actually running) and a woman who is an elite runner was diagnosed with cancer and recovered and is back to racing. (I will never race) Her advice to those recently diagnosed is " You are stronger than you think. Old onto the people you love and the things you love to do". Sounds like you are right on track. Always good to put the lid down. ox

    ReplyDelete
  3. BAHHHHA should by Hold onto the people, not Old not to the people. Darn spell check.

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...