Monday, August 25, 2014

Santa swears?

Last night Santa came early.  He left my gift outside vs down the chimney and the language isn't so good.  He left 3 fuck cancer t-shirts for me and my mom & dad. Guess he didn't think the 4th was needed for my bro...maybe he's been naughty LOL. Being the good sister I am, Shane can have the t-shirt if he so desires!  Thanks to my secret Santa for the t-shirts, you should have left a card...ps L not XL give me some credit ha ha ha ha

Today was day 6, or the start of week 2.  After a rough first week, I feel more prepared of what could come and how to handle it.  More rest, fluids and take my new nausea pill every 6 hours!  There's no "hoping my body deals with it" crap...taking the meds & listening to my doctors is my action plan.  Petra came for a visit during chemo today and told me a funny kid story that still has me laughing...& it hurts to laugh! Ouch!

After treatment I was feeling up to an outing so mom and I set off to Sophie's for lunch.  Saw my dear friend Candice (we say wives in humor) and had a nice meal. My anxiety has cooled off but I still struggle slightly with the large crowd and noise which would never have been a concern pre-cancer.  A healing herbal tea was recommended by some other cancer patients so we picked this up today too. It's like a detox kind of idea and JFKs doctor was the leader in its research. I'll start using it as of tomorrow.

One thing I didn't blog about is the #carly2conquercancer bracelets.  There is a pic attached on here in the Instagram slide show if you'd like to see it.  I have one order already done and can easily place an other order if you'd like one.  They're all leather and cost 15$ with 2$ going to cancer research. Let me or any member of my posse know if you'd like one. We'll hook you up!

This time last week I was in a black hole and right now I feel great.  Knock on wood this feeling lasts through the night and 19 more days!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...