Monday, August 11, 2014

Party party....sleep sleep!

It's been a busy few days.  I'm so blessed to have so many people in my corner but I'm very exhausted from being popular LOL

I learned early on that you never ignore a call, a text or a visit because people are reaching out to you because they care and want to share their love and support.  I've also learned that visiting with people is exhausting.  I never thought that I would say such a thing as I'm known to love parties or to plan the party.  A social butterfly if you will, but now I'm feeling more social with my PVR and Netflix!

After spending some time with my visiting relatives mid week I had 2 parties, or cancer kick off/early birthday parties, Saturday and Sunday.  Saturday was with my girlfriends...most these girls I've known since elementary and high school.  I wasn't feeling so great but the socailite in me made me go.  It was a lovely evening with them and my favourite birthday cake...angel food!  We sat around Dawns house laughing, giving back rubs and just cherishing our friendships.  I know that no matter what time it is, where I am or how I'm feeling these girls got my back.  I knew this before but it's more apparent than ever. 

Sunday was the cousins party.  We're 5 families that grew up together.  Our folks were friends before we came along and we're more like family than friends.  We've always called each other cousins and our parents aunts and uncles.  Michelle & Chad were kind enough to host in their new home and have a pool so it kept the kids busy jumping off the diving board splashing around.  It was a nice hot day and come 9pm we were sitting around the fire pit.  We probably could have kept going but everyone's realities of parenthood, work or cancer made us call it a night.

I came home and just flopped on my bed.  Usually a flop on the bed would mean a hangover, but this was just exhaustion.  My body was tired. I need to remind myself that if my adrenaline takes over I'm still sick and have to give myself more rest. I couldn't unwind for a few hours and got to thinking.   If I'm this tired after 2 days of local get togethers, how am I going to go to Pender?  After writing a pro's and con's list, I've decided not to go.  I think it'll just be too much.  Of course I'll feel I'm missing out but think it's the right call. Treatment starts Monday and I need to be rested and strong. 

Today l had another creepy CT scan and my auntie Marie & uncle Randy took me to the clinic.  After the scan and a quick check up we set back home after about a hour.  I needed to get a prescription filled and some groceries so we did this en route home.  They were very supportive today and listened to my silly stories and told me all about their newest grandbaby!  Congrats Brad & Tammy on baby Layla..can't wait to meet her!

This next week I have visits planned but at my place.  I don't want to become a socially inept person I just can't go out too much!  If I spend too much time alone I go cray cray and talk to my cats....I swear I'm not a crazy cat lady! (But they do talk back)

Thanks so much for following this blog.  The amount of views is outrageous and your feedback so kind.  This is becoming my favorite thing to do but then I remember I can't do much ha ha ha

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

2 comments:

  1. Rest up as much as you can this week and take things one day at a time. Don't make decisions on Monday about whether or not you will attend the next weekend with your family. Don't feel as though you need to rest up for treatment either. From all my visits to the Chemo unit, most people are sleeping in the comfy chairs.
    Good night! Tomorrow is a new day. What day can I come visit this week?
    - Petra

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm open thu & fri. Let me know your pref.

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...