Saturday, August 2, 2014

Sex Tape

Lemme guess....you saw my title and thought "what type of recovery is she up to?" LOL. No I didn't make a sex tape, I went and saw the new movie starring Diaz and Segal. 

Cathy picked me up and we had a nice time at the movies.  I might have laughed a little more than others in the theatre as I took my meds just before we left.  Movie had a little cheesey-ness but overall a humorous flick.

I was thinking today about how many people are affected by cancer.  Their friend, family member or neighbour, it's kind of a normal thing to hear.  It's almost like a club membership with a twist.  20 years ago it was more of a death sentence than it is today and I'm thankful to be in BC where we have the best doctors and clinics in the world.

I watched an episode of the hit Netflix series Orange Is The New Black, and one of the characters under goes chemotherapy.  It shows her and another patient receiving treatment and their relationship. The other patient ended up being OK and I hope every person I sit with will do the same.  Being on the other end of such result would be very difficult.

In other news, tomorrow is hair day.  I know big news, but let me tell you such a normal thing has become a big day!

Happy long weekend everyone. 


#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C



3 comments:

  1. Glad you had a nice night out at the movies and a few good laughs (yes, the meds might have helped just a bit). When I took you to your chemo orientation last week it was an eye opener for me. Cancer does not discriminate...young and old alike, age does not matter. Enjoy your "hair day" today and I can't wait to see the new style. Let yourself be pampered!!!
    Love and hugs sent your way,
    AK
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved that storyline in Orange is the new Black, it really stuck with me. The relationship was great. One day at a time - your only goal is to conquer! Stay focused xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So obviously it's Jo not Keely...but she's the only one with a google account lol for Youtube!

      Delete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...