Friday, August 8, 2014

Fuck cancer!

Yes my loved ones you read that right...Fuck Cancer! 

www.fcancerembracelife.com

My uncle Bruce and Katyann had an envelope waiting for me at my parents house when I arrived yesterday. I knew something was in it as it wasn't flat like most cards. Instead of playing the guessing game, I ripped open the envelope and the card read as follows:

Carly -
When the going gets tough look down at your wrist. 

In the card was a silver bracelet designed in support of cancer related causes. It says fuck cancer in a squiggle font that looks more like a heart monitor reading hooked up to you in the hospital.  This bracelet couldn't have arrived at a better time after the news I received today.

It's Friday and I've prepared myself this past week for Monday, the start of chemo and radiation.  Today I received word from the clinic that they need another week to finish planning my mapping.  All is now to start August 18th..a week delay.  I was so shocked, surprised and angry all at the same time.

Of course nobody actually looks forward to going through this process, but I'm so ready to start to get a day closer to a pain free life.  I was with my cousin from South Africa when I received the news and asked she go visit with my aunt next door as I needed a moment.  First I sat on the bed and cried but remembered I needed to straighten my hair since I had just blown it dry.  I then cried as I created perfectly straight hair!  I think most people know I like to have good hair LOL

I had lots of emotions today but I'm glad that the Drs are making sure to treat me proper, just wish I had known sooner than 1 business day (no treatment on weekends).  Man I was in a good space...but I'll get back there.  Tomorrow I have an early birthday with my besties and Sunday a cousins BBQ, all of which were planned purposely pre-treatment. 

Next weekend we have a family trip planned at Pender Island with our visiting cousins.  Originally I wasn't sure if I'd make it but now know I won't be sick or have restrictions, so I'm good to go. I take this as a win....until Shane and Jayson drive me crazy that is!!! (hugs). I'll head up on the boat with "the boys" and getting on "the boys" list wasn't easy. I plead my case to dad that just because I'm not a boy I shouldn't not be allowed to tag along.  The ladies & kids are going via car/ferry.  Here are my reasons:

1) I'm the oldest
2) I love boating & go way more than "the boys"
3) I'm kinda like "one of the guys" 
4) I have cancer.....like hellloooo!! knock knock! Can you hear me now?

I'm very open next week so who wants to hang out?  Call me maybe?

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

1 comment:

  1. So frustrating but good that they are so detailed in the treatment. It's great that you are going to Pender to enjoy yourself. Let's hang out next week.
    Love ya.
    - Petra

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...