Thursday, September 4, 2014

Early bird

At 3:56am I was awake.  Only 5 hrs of sleep even after taking my sleeping pill.  But I expected a restless night.  Hope this next bit isn't too much for my male readers, but whatves it's my blog right?

When I started radiation to my pelvis I was told radiation would "kill my internal clock", reproduction cells zapped and no babies & along with that no periods.  As to when the no fuss no mess would occur was the mystery.  Well my friends 12 treatments in & she's back.  Add this party to the rest & it's gonna be a great few days LOL.  You'd think after the last few months a win could happen right?  This might lead to a pedicure this weekend to soften my emotional blow!

So as I wake up super early just now, I decide to let the parents sleep!  Just cause I'm up feeling chatty doesn't mean they have to as well & I'm sure I'll get a big thank you for that later.  So instead I picked up a book given to me Aug 10 from Tara, a cancer survivor, and her husband, my cousin Curt. The book is called Crazy Sexy Cancer Tips by Kris Carr.  I'm only 16 pages in but it made me have to blog. I feel inspired.  Usually when my blogs are pink it's an indication!

Per her direction early on she said to write, scribble, anything you'd like in the book.  So at 410am I slowly walked on my tip-toes to not wake my parents & got a pen out of the kitchen.
Here's what I've circled thus far:

1-her cancer is different than mine but we're both rare diagnosis' she said "I used to celebrate my uniqueness, now it seemed like a total detriment to my survival" 
----I can so relate, could go on forever. 

2-" I refused to let cancer wreck my party.  There are just too may cool things to do and plan to live for"
----again I can relate but have to wait to be more mobile.  This will come after treatment and post-surgery.  We shall party my friends!!

3----she talks about cancer being called a Gift.  We both agree it's not a gift.  Nothing good about this but it is a catalyst. 

I'm now about to continue to stay up all night & read read read.  There seem to be stories from others in her book too.  How cool of a forum. I hope I can do something that reaches others too,  that has yet TBD

Oh and on the party note, I ordered a new outfit online and get to tomorrow. It'll be the 1st time out of sweats for more than 1 hour.  Saturday mom & I are going to see Jann Arden.  the girls at Uncle Bruce's office made sure me & my cane have an aisle seat.  Easier for me but better for others so I can come & go if need be.

Time to get back to my book.  Enjoy your day.  I will most likely nap pre or post radiation after being up so early lol 


#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

PS start using my hashtag if you can ona any post on here, FB or Instagram. Let's light it up!

PPS the sprinklers just came on. It's 520am. wtf!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...