Monday, September 8, 2014

Honesty is the best policy

So if you knew me before my diagnosis, you'd know I'd never have a hair out of place, I'd always have on a cute dress with accessories (everyone needs a good belt) and lipstick, there was always lipstick.  Now my hair is out of place, I cut my bangs myself and wear XL & too long of sweatpants!  I didn't even own sweats prior to this ...no joke!

My honesty is in my pictures and this blog. You see me perky but you'll also see me wearing my glasses receiving chemo sans maquillage!  I think it's so important to be honest to let you know this isn't a walk in the park but that some days you do smell the roses.

Today was my 4th of 5 chemo sessions and I feel good.  Got through the day and next week hopefully is my last time receiving chemo.  I shall not miss the hand IV nor the sitting for an hour watching & hearing "drip drip" but I will miss the nice nurses.  Radiation now has 9 days left pending a boost.  This I will never miss again, the screeching sound, the red lights, the feeling of being cancers sacrifice.  But it was and is all necessary and continues on for 9 more sessions.

Tomorrow I have a counselling session, my first time with a shrink.  I don't think she knows what she's in for!  I'll give her this blog and tell her to take 2 aspirins and to call me in a week lol  In reality I'm looking forward to talking this canser 
(spelt it wrong on purpose I'm in control) thing out.  She'll hear me & I hope to learn something new.

Mom is about to serve up chicken cordon bleu with veggies & risotto.  I gotta go!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

2 comments:

  1. Honesty is the best policy (even telling mom you took the car…) Lipstick can go with every look - fab, not so fab, just getting by. A colour for all occasions. You are getting there - glad you feel good. Suspect however it is "feel well" a bit behind on my grammar. Oh my, a shrink. Suspect she/he will be a great listener. Let it out, it is all safe. Great for you to talk with someone who will get to know you, has experiences to share, and ideas and things to try to help you work through all the things that must be whizzing around in your brain. Great dinner menu, I guess my invite got lost in the mail (LOL) as you would say. Keep on keeping on as they say. (who, exactly are "they?) Lots of love, Aunty Shell

    ReplyDelete
  2. the countdown is on Carly!
    Hang in there.
    Hugs,
    Petra

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...