Monday, September 15, 2014

6 Day Countdown

Today marked my last day of chemo! It was nice to see one chapter of my journey come to a close, leaving now 5 more radiation treatments.  Today I had Marlon and my mother keeping me company during my usual routine which means blanket over my toes, ginger ale with a straw and my chair fully reclined.

I met a lady in the waiting room today who was coming in for her first treatment which entails 6 hours of chemo per week for the next few months.  Although in her 70's and a Breast Cancer survivor she never had to go through chemo previously so she was very nervous and anxious about her journey. She was there alone and that made me feel sad for her.  I took it upon myself to give her what I think are some good chemo tips.  I told her: "Never let the nausea take over".  I showed her a bottle of pills that worked for me and told her to ask her doctor if they would work for her too.  I felt good helping her today and she thanked me with a smile and wished me well for my last day.  

Once I arrived home Petra came for a visit and was nice enough to make me some toast and pour me some ginger ale.  I was feeling a little bit rough and in true friendship style, she coasted along with me.

A little bit of sleep in the afternoon and then my wife (Candice) arrived to babysit so mom could go out for dinner with her wife Sandy. Candice was sweet enough to read to me and is taking dictation for this blog right now. Who wears the pants in this relationship?! (Seriously though, we're just best friends.)

Because my tumour has shrunk so has my level of pain therefore I've stopped taking the morphine and I am instead taking Tylenol. I must tell you it feels nice to have my mind back to the way it should be. Give me 2 weeks and I'll be on the road, coming to visit you!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO 

C

2 comments:

  1. Love you Carly, xo
    Candice

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY......glad to read that the part is done....love n hugs

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...