Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Shrinkage!

Today was an eventful day at the clinic.  It first started with radiation, a visit with the radiation doctor and then a counselling session.  I had some good news come my way today! 

My tumor has shrunk to half it's original size!!  This is so good to hear that all I/we are going through is working.  Tomorrow I'll meet with my surgeon to hear if it's shrunk enough or if the boost is needed to further shrink the tumor to get it out without complications. The 5 week plan remains regardless as my groin has cancerous cells needing zapping!

After this great news mom and I met with a counsellor to talk about all I'm going through.  It was a good session and came to the conclusion that it would be nice to go to a seminar to learn self coping mechanisms after treatment is over.  At some point I'll have to be alone prior to surgery and just want to make sure I'll be ok.  I like to think after I'm off the meds a lot of this will come with time.  Preparation is half the battle and something new to occupy my time.

Notice I'm writing in pink, it's a good day!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...