Monday, September 29, 2014

Love ahead

I just woke up out of a dream.  I can't recall exactly what the dream was, but I think it involved a picture perfect family running through a meadow tickling each other on a sunny day.  No wonder I woke up & thank goodness I didn't vommit LOL

This dream got me to thinking about my life après cancer, my love after cancer and my life before cancer.  Everywhere you look it's families.  Going to the park, face painting at the zoo or just chillin at home watching a show.  I see it on FB, TV shows and in the supermarket. Sometimes I tell myself people have kids so they can hang with kids more than adults.  Not a bad theory but so not true.

Before cancer I was "out there" but not in a relationship and definitely not picking the right guys.  It's like I had a neon sign that followed me saying "got troubles, come see me & I'll fix you.....for the next girl.  I've been cursed many times as the girl he dated before "the one".  So glad I could be of service at no charge except my sanity and most likely a lot of wine.

It'll be interesting when I enter the dating scene again. I'm jumping the gun here because it won't be for quite some time, but I think about it. I'll still be the same person who loves hockey and can make people laugh, but after that I'll have a story to tell and maybe a crutch that comes along with it.  It'll take a certain man to accept me if you will.  He better show his face because I got plans and need him to join me.

Yes kids are a blessing & I love all the little people in my life to pieces.  However there will be no "mini me".  Instead there will be a travelling me.  A me with things vs bottles & diapers.  A me who could jump in a pimped out RV & cruise across Canada for a couple months.  I've never been to PEI nor many other places.  A me I think I would be quite good at & happy with. Hopefully I can find my man and travel and do things most people would never do.  That would be cool....really cool!

I've always known I wanted a wedding but I've not always know or been sure on the kid part.  Maybe Prince Charming will already have one I can spoil or we have none and get the Great Dane I desperately want.  We'd name him Moufasa continuing with my existing Lion King named cats Simba & Nalla.  A theme never hurt anyone don't judge me LOL

I do know some great kid free couples & they are so happy together.  It be great to join that club & just think the money saved on kids would mean a kick ass wardrobe and shoes....oh and handbags.


#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C









1 comment:

  1. Amazing families come in all shapes and sizes. Our Clan proves that over and over. Man? You've loved and been loved and no doubt will find love again. Kids? Countless wee people are loved by you and love you and no doubt more will be added to that group in the future. Travel? Not mutually exclusive to having a family as our Moms prove over and over lol. I'm glad you are looking ahead and dreaming about the future - don't we all? But don't worry about fitting your future into a preconceived image from what you see on tv or around you... your amazing life is to be defined only by you and we are all just lucky enough to be along for the wild ride.

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...