Friday, October 3, 2014

Adventures

It's been a couple days since I've blogged.  I have stories to tell you have no fear, I just didn't get time to write so you could hear!

It's been ten days since my last radiation treatment and they said things have to get worse before they get better.  They sure weren't kidding.  The first 4 days were pure agony.  Then you start to see/feel some improvement. In no way am I ready to jump back in to real life again but I'm feeling so much better.  

My mom had planned a trip with her BFFS a year ago to Napa Valley to celebrate their 65th bdays. Of course my cancer diagnosis put a grey cloud over her trip but since my boost was cancelled and I was rehabing she could still go.  I was happy for her but sad for me at the same time.  We've been together every single day through all this and now I'm going to be without her for 9 whole days!!!!  My dashing and happy go lucky father ensured me he was up to the task to take care of me in moms absence.  The talk we had was quite sweet and it's only day 2 & he's trying his best.  Very cute but he won't serve me breakfast in bed like mom did LOL

Yet again friendship takes the lead as my friend Amber flew in from Calgary yesterday to be with me over the weekend.  Usually when she comes to visit we have way too many shooters, go to The Roxy and do some shopping.  Not this time.  She's come to be with me and my cancer world.  Yesterday I got done up and Amber drove us in to town.  We went to my old watering hole Local at kits beach for a bite and Candice joined us too.  Only problem is I can't eat much so side of fries it was.  The salads, sandwiches and burgers all looked so good but the way I'd feel after reminded me not to order.  I lasted there but that was it.  I have to take it minute by minute and not over do it so we drove back home and chilled out the rest of the day until dad arrived home to make us dinner.

Today we have a pedicure planned and I think this will be great.  My feet need some soothing and it's a mini outing.  The hard part is picking what color I want on my toes for the next while.  Such big decisions I'll face today.  We'll see how I feel after and go from there.  Maybe we come home or maybe we find another mini adventure. 

I look forwarded to feeling even better next week.  I've got a small window between healing and surgery so want to make use of my time.  Once I can drive it'll really change things for me.  Could be next week-fingers crossed.  Be ready for Carly visits once I can drive to keep me busy, out of the house and thanking you for all your support thus far.  

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C
























No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...