Monday, October 13, 2014

Thanksgiving

I looked up the word thanksgiving on Wikipedia and here's what I got.  
-"..a day of giving thanks for the blessing and harvest of the preceding year". In 1578 Canada Martin Frobisher who was trying to find a northern passage to the Pacific Ocean, held a thanksgiving celebration for surviving the long journey from England, not the harvest.
Blessings, harvests and journeys are thanksgiving and I think we can all relate.

Tonight we were at my parents and I just sat back and watched the action.  The kids running around or telling a cool story, my brother laughing so loud you can hear him next door, my cousin and his wife, my mom & dad...just everything.  It was fun and I know how lucky I am even going through this cancer battle.  I missed having uncle B and KA at the table to complete the Allen clan but we reached out in email. 

My journey changes each day and tomorrow is no exception.  I'm getting my car aka snowflake back on the road.  I'm gaining my wings back if you will.  This in no way means I'm back to normal life but it does mean I'm getting a bit of life back.  I'm doing so much better and look forward to seeing my friends more often and spending more time at my apt.  I'll still bounce between my apt and my folks as the company is comforting and mom cooks for me lol. My cats and my PVR will thank me at my place.  I think I have 27 Tonight Shows to catch up on.

I'm also getting my hair done tomorrow.  I've got bangs that are out of control.  I could tease them like we did in '89.  A cut & color is so needed. A selfie will follow once this mission is complete!

I hope everyone had a great thanksgiving wherever you are. Let's just remember we can give thanks all year vs just the one day!

#carly2conquercancer


XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...