Wednesday, October 22, 2014

5 Alive

Week 5 post treatment is here and it feels like I just started this crazy journey.  People say "wow time is flying by.." and they're right but at the same time it's all slow and continuous to me.  Over the last 9 months I've been in pain, diagnosed, surgery, chemo & radiation and now healing from all that.  Once I'm healed it's surgery time then more healing.  When you look at it this way...no time is not flying by but it is passing by and going in the right direction.

I've adjusted well to being back home and my cats have too which shows from all the cat hair on me from snuggles!  I've had some mini outings and had no anxiety or panic attacks which is a huge relief.  Most days I find myself tired so stay in my pjs and watch The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon.  I had 28 episodes on my PVR and now down to 11....I'll watch every episode!  That man cracks me up.  If you aren't watching or taping the show every night you should start. 

With today's terrible events in Ottawa, I hold my life even more close.  A family lost a son & father, a country felt terror and we all took a gasp we never saw coming.  This thing called life won't show us the future like movies do, instead we have to take what's given, roll with it and win.  Evil comes in many forms be it cancer or terror, it is up to us to come out stronger with lessons for the next challenge.  This is the only way I can think to get through the hard times...Geesh I'm getting soft in my old age!

Looking forward to some more outings this week especially Sunday as I'm hosting my girls for tea and treats.  My BFFS have been so amazing through this all, so why not a tea party to celebrate friendship and life.  I'll start inviting myself over to your homes for dinners to see you.....to thank you....or to avoid cooking for myself?

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...