Friday, October 17, 2014

Groupies

It's been an eventful week.  My 4th week post treatment is almost over & I'm feeling stronger every day. Since I'm feeling better I can do more, just little things, but it's a nice change from being in bed morning to night.  I've got my hair cut and a French manicure to my newly grown nails.

I've been hanging out at my apt with some happy cats.  Simba hasn't been 1 foot away from me since I came home and Nalla I think is mad at me so ignoring me mostly, but warming up each day to having me back around.

Last night was my aunts 75th birthday party and I was able to attend.  We held the party at Marine Drive Golf Course as my mom is a member/president so we had a lovely room for the family.  The food was good and auntie Marilyn had such a nice time with family and friends around her.  

While at the club I got to meet some of my peeps...my golf groupies. I don't golf but these ladies know my mom and have been following this blog.  A table full of ladies having dinner and enjoying each other's company. It made me think of my girls and how much I love doing that exact thing with them.  When I approached the table they cheered me and said I was an inspiration.  I will admit the cheers were nice but I don't feel I am in any way an inspiration.  I'm just a cancer patient fighting her battle as so many other people do.

I'll be sleeping solo in my apt tonight.  This will be the first time since I started treatment that I'll have slept in my own bed.  I feel ready but still a little nervous about not having someone else around.  Once I get my first night alone under my belt all will settle in to routine.   Wish me luck!

We shall see what the weekend brings.  Each day I wake up and figure it out.  My PVR is still full of shows to watch so I've always got a date with PVR if all else fails.  

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


1 comment:

  1. Aloha! Well done on all your progress. Bet you are glad to have your mom home too. Sending love your way every day..
    Aunty Shell

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...