Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Episode

Rehab is not a glorious thing.  It's just like on TV when you see the patient have an episode and need more rehab. Over the last few days I've had my own version of episodes.

I'm not going to bother you with my episode details but I can sum it up like this.  Remember the hit TV show Friends?  Rachel and Ross dated and in one episode they broke up.  North American TV viewers couldn't believe it.  Finally on the last episode they get back together and all was well again.  This is pretty much me and my episodes and I just hope to have a Ross in the end...or a Pete..Matthew...heck I'm not picky lol 

Episodes aside, dad has really done well these last few days and I give him lots of credit.  He's got my meal and night routine down and we're also watching the TV show Gotham together.  We like the show but his use of the PVR remote could use some work.  Can't forget baseball (Go Royals), Football and now hockey.  

My aunt Tannis was kind enough to spend the day with me Tuesday.  We chatted for a while and then I headed to rest.  She'd brought stuff to do while I was asleep so worked away on her project.  When I woke up she warmed my lunch (rice & ground chicken I can't eat much).  Although I'm doing better it's just so nice having someone in the house even if I'm just resting. My friends and family have been amazing at filling the slots where mom and dad can't be with me.  Tannis stayed for dinner and right after she left my brother stopped by. A restful day with some love and great faces.

I'm feeling stronger every day. It took 5 weeks of harsh treatment to get here so it'll take nearly that to get back.  This is week 3 and I'm seeing progress each day.  I just never know what I'm up for or if I'm pushing myself too much.  Double edged sword cause you won't know til you try or you suffer the consequences.  Tomorrow my challenge is changing my bed and cleaning the tub.  Small things but big things for me these days.  I will conquer these challenges.  I'm Carly Allen for crying out loud...I get shit done!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C



1 comment:

  1. Yes Carly, you do get shit done...more and more each day! It takes a while but you will get there. By the way, in my house, I'm the one who controls the remote and PVR. I have way more patience ...and much smaller hands. Keep smiling!

    Love and hugs to you,
    Auntie Karen (AK)

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...