Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Three

Bonjour trois semaines. Je suis ici pour conquerir...regarder dehors pour moi! 
Hello week 3.  I'm here to conquer...look out for me!

It's only day 1 of week 3 but with music, your love & my new quilt I feel like a winner!  Thank you Su for your effort & love in making the "chemo quilt". I'm in awe of your talent & your thought to make this for me. Love ya!

Today I cruised the clinic halls with dad & Uncle Bruce. We talked about sports (obviously) entertainment and life happenings.  They got to see me get chemo by IV and where I receive my radiation.  It was great to have them by my side and also good for my mom to have a day off. She's been such a rock for me, for us all. Love you momma. 

Today I got a prescription for an anxiety medicine,  glad I did because it's necessary. TBA how this goes but I'm assuming well.  If it gets worse Houston will have a problem!!  I've been eating too healthy it turns out.  Let's just say too much fibre so I need to cut back to carb type foods. I've lost a couple lbs but nothing drastic so let's keep it that way OK doc LOL

One small side effect I'm having is my hands are clumping almost like a claw.  I asked the doctor about this today and it does happen for radiation patients. It's made it harder for me to text and type so Siri is having to assist me some.  Hope you understand why my text replies might me short "cool" "yup" or "awesome" now. 

I'll leave you with this quote from a Jann Arden song.  I hope to be at her show this Saturday and this sums it up:

Don't you know I could not survive without you in my life - Jann Arden 


#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

3 comments:

  1. Hi Carly, it's Arlin, just checking in. Perhaps you'll get a standup routine out of all of this. You do manage to spin it well. Sending HUGS, strength, love, from the far north, Arlin

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thxs A! Loving my new pandora as well. We shall see what the future holds post-cancer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh dear, my comments are lost. Once more with enthusiasm.

    Well done on reaching "half way eve". You rock. Good luck with the nail project, when ready let me know and I will supply some lovely pink polish to help you show them off! Thanks for putting the word in about the elevators….Love ya Aunty Shell

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...