Thursday, September 25, 2014

Burnt

My radiation side effects are in full force.  I'm burnt, I hurt, it sucks.

They told me in the beginning it would be like a sunburn.  I've only ever had 1 real bad sunburn and that is a story from Mexico. You sit in the pool all day drinking, dunking your head to cool off, listening to music & talking to new people. It's awesome fun!  I sunscreened my whole body except for....my forehead. Why nobody thought to tell me "hey put on a hat" or "looking like a leather shop" I have no idea but the blame is all mine.  I wore a T-shirt around my head for the rest of the day while in the pool and covered up better thereafter. Now that I think of it I'm pretty sure I burnt my forehead in Hawaii too.  Note to self get stylish hat for future warm destination vacations.

The point to my story is the Mexico sunburn has nothing on this.  They're both equally crappy to go through but I'd trade in a heart beat for a sore forehead.

So now my "healing" process is bed rest.  Legs up, limited walking and movement. Just what I like in my life!  I'm getting really sick of saying "healing" cause I ain't feeling any better.  What can I call it instead?  Perhaps rehab?  When I think rehab I picture somebody coming out better than they were before vs healing all I see is incense and man with a beard chanting.  Yes...I'm delusional lol. Rehab it is!

Hoping my rehab gets to the next level over the weekend.  I've had to decline hockey tickets and going to a BFFS birthday this weekend.  If you know me I never pass up hockey tickets pre-season or not & you know I love to celebrate my friends.

I'm in a bit of a pity-me kinda mood but it will get better.  Until then I show no shame in crying in front of whomever is taking care of me and not washing my hair until day 2.. Yeesh!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

2 comments:

  1. Hi Carly. You are supposed to be getting that sunburn in South Africa at the moment! Hope to see that stylish hat this time next year!! Love Kath

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hat yes...sunburn no lol. Trip happening in 2015 just matter of when! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...