Thursday, December 18, 2014

Research

It's been a few days since I learned of my new fate with "the bag".  I just hate saying "the bag".  It's real term is colostomy bag so I could call it CB but that's kinda blah.  I need your suggestions to come up with a nickname and hashtag.  Looking for clean & witty but catchy.  #carlysbaglife #bagass  
Feel free to comment on here or message me any which way; Instagram, Twitter, FB, email or text or a good 'ol phone call.  I'm very reachable! Let's see what we can come up with!

Today as I snuggled with Simba at my apartment, I decided it was time to do some research. To see some pictures and get a sense of my new reality.  I took to Instagram as Google just gets the worst of me!  I typed #colostomybag and loads of pictures came up.  I was so shocked at how many young women who appear to be in their 20s were posting and owning their "bag".  I saw one quote that stuck with me all day.  "Scars are like tattoos but with deeper stories".  As Oprah would say that was an ah-ha moment.  I followed a young lady and sent her a comment and she wrote back "be strong". She doesn't know me but that helped me a lot today.  At that very moment I decided to be a face any way I can for awareness and self worth for others.  I've got lots to learn to get there but I'll share my learnings along the way. A picture is worth a thousand words.

I've been maintaining my apt throughout my illness but I just can't do so any more.  I need FT help so therefore I've been at mom & dads, but as of Feb 1st I'll be moving in with them and putting my belongings in storage.  This means a packing party weekend will take place.  Jan 17 & 18 I seek aid from anyone who's willing.  I'll make it a lot of fun with music, refreshments and laughter.  It's also a good excuse to get people together and I'm fairly organized so you won't be finding stuff from 1998!  Don't worry I'll have movers thereafter so you won't have to strain any muscles.  If you're able to help please email me at carlyallen75@icloud.com

Trying my best to stay upbeat and positive but I've cried often.  I think anyone I spoke with today heard a tear or two.  In order for me to stay on the right path I need to stay in control whenever I can.  I'll continue to fight and remain the boss of me. 

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...