Thursday, December 11, 2014

Cinderella

The newest version of Cinderella is being released in theatres March 13, 2015.  I can't wait to see it...it looks amazing!  Who cares that I'll be just shy of my 40th year lining up to see this film no doubt with girlfriends in tow, we grew up with Cinderella and love her.  

I've often dreamt of the tale through my cancer journey. My cancer plays the role of evil step-mother holding me back and causing me pain, the mice are my friends & family rooting me on and of course my mom is the fairy god mother who gives me strength and hope. 

Cinderella isn't just about meeting her prince, but also about how to conquer what's been put in front of you.  When you want change I truly believe there are always people there to help you. Sometimes those we least expect are those who touch or help us the most.  Over the last few months I've made new relationships I didn't see coming, strengthened ones long forgotten and seen why certain people are in my life.  I've conquered in 2014 and it feels better than any fairy tale....it's my tale.

2015 brings forward my Cinderella story of change.  How can I be a better person, how can I mean more to myself and to others, and how maybe I'll find my prince along the way. 

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


2 comments:

  1. Yes you should consider composing a 'Painted Picture' - I can tell you all about it when I see you next.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, Cinderella. You get as much rest as you can. Love ya!


    Melissa Franks

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...