Wednesday, December 17, 2014

Embrace life

When I write my blogs in pink it usually means I'm happy about something.  I wouldn't say I'm happy with my new path, but I can tell you I will embrace it and love life again, although I don't think I ever really stopped.  

I woke up this morning and sent this text to many of my groupies:

"Yesterday was tough.  Not gonna sugar coat it but woke up today in better spirits.  Think I might be more scared of surgery & pain than the bag itself.  I look forward to not having to run to a washroom once this all happens.  Maybe I can get the bag in pink or other colours to match my undies!  I am lobbying to get a tummy tuck/lypo. Why the heck not if I'm already getting abdominal surgery.  Don't know the facts but I'm gonna ask.  If I got to go through all this hopefully I can look hotter than ever."

I had a post-op appointment at the cancer clinic this afternoon but with a different doctor as my amazing surgeon (love her!) was elsewhere fighting against cancer.  Seems that I'm healing from the inside-out...maybe that's why I feel so much pressure but my question to the doctor was when I'm off the anti-biotics can I have a drink....it's Christmas and I hurt...I just want a drink!  She chuckled and explained the proper practices of alcohol and medications but I got a smile and the go ahead.

On the way out I asked the nurses at the desk if I could leave a note for my surgeon since I didn't see her today.  The note was hand written with 3 questions that came up since yesterday's call.  I think you know question 1 & I hope she laughs but also knows I'm totally serious!

My spirits are higher today but it's because of other people who have set a bright path before me.  I have close friends and family who have gone through their own pain so I follow their footsteps to a cancer free life...a better life. 

#carly2conquercancer 

XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...