Wednesday, December 24, 2014

Bah, humbug!

I'm hoping by the time I finish writing this blog my bug bite is gone, the Bah Humbug bite that is.  

Christmas is such a magical time, a time I usually love & all that comes with it.  I'm usually the photographer (have loads of albums to prove it), decorate, wrap presents, send cards...you name it I love Christmas.  I did send cards this year and put up some decor in my apt but today I got bitten. It's Christmas Eve & I feel sad and angry.  As I feel sad and angry I try to change my emotions because I know 2 families mourning the loss of their loved one this Christmas as a result of cancer.  

It's hard for me as I'm not 100% and won't be for a while.  I couldn't go to the mall and shop for gifts and I attended no Christmas parties.  It sucks and today it hit me hard. 

Cancer has taken a lot from me in 2014 but gosh darn it I won't let it take my Christmas spirit.  Christmas Day has always been a day us Allen's are together and tomorrow is no different.  In my 39 years I think only twice have I not been with my uncle, dad, mom and brother. Christmas is our day, like an unspoken rule.  We're not cheesy "love you" folk but it's always entertaining whatever we do!

I'm going to wake up Christmas Day and "Shake it off" as Taylor Swifts hit song says.  Tomorrow is my day with my family and I WILL enjoy it.  I might be sitting on a cushion or laying on the couch but I'll love every minute of it.

Merry Christmas everyone .... Bug bite is gone!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...