Monday, December 15, 2014

Box of chocolates

"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're gonna get" -Forrest Gump

I think I need to start watching movies about those who overcome adversity and see the better side of life again.  I need something to dry my tears.  I need purpose for all this pain.  I need to inspire myself more than ever before.

I've never climbed a mountain, not even the Grouse Grind (shocking as a YVR local but so not me), I don't ski or snowboard but let me tell you I've climbed & leaped other types of mountains this past year.  I want to say I'm done....I'm sick of it...but that just doesn't seem to be the cards I was dealt.  I've got a crappy hand right now and I'm asking for a re-deal STAT!

I cried a lot tonight, my dad listening while sitting on the bed telling me I could use the Kleenex to it's full potential...such a Grant comment!  I sum up our long conversation like this...I need all this pain and suffering to mean something...I need it to give back to me...I can't be the victim I must be the victor.  This won't just happen, I need to take the lead.  I'm a leader so I can do this.  

I feel guilty when I have my sad moments as I know there are people out there with no support, with nobody sitting on their bed listening to them cry.  You can't control disease like you can your calorie intake and that is so frustrating.  So how I deal with that is my future.  It will be the giving back I seek. 

Never say never but I don't see myself taking up skiing or climbing the grind.  Sweat and cold...2 things I dislike more than the Toronto Maple Leafs!  I will however pack a picnic for you and I'll always be willing to be the cute ski bunny in the lobby!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

2 comments:

  1. Ah Carly - you already are the victor
    L Su

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Grind is so overrated!!! I will do Query Rock with you in Deep Cove when your ready to go!!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...