Sunday, December 21, 2014

Knowledge is power

I've kept researching more and more each day.  I've found loads on Instagram and a couple of blogs to read.  Most of the colostomy stories I've seen are results of colitis, inflamed bowel syndrome or chrones.  The result remains the same just different stories of how we all got there.

I appreciate the suggestions of names and hashtags y'all submitted for my upcoming bag and new way of life. Here are the results...

My bag will be called "Winnie" and my hashtag will be #carlysbaglife
An example "Went shopping today but Winnie was a bother so had to come home" #carlysbaglife

Winnie was submitted by cousin Crissy and her husband John who took their inspiration from Winnie....The Pooh.....get it!

Yesterday was a good day as I was able to prop myself up and drive my car.  I journeyed back to my apartment and spent the day with Simba and had a visit from Cindy who's been cat sitting when I can't go home.  Simba loves her and I might have been a little jealous but then he jumped on me layed down purring and all was soon forgotten.

My knowledge is widening as to the things Winnie and I will go through.  I can already tell she will be a fashionista and will need her own outfits.  Lucky for me I have family who sew, who I think (wink wink) would be happy to create a fashion line for Winnie.  I don't know her measurements yet but as soon as we do let the sewing begin! 

I've been reading some blogs and most women say the dating part isn't so bad.  Most guys are in the know more than ever before and seem not to care but more interested in its mechanics.  I guess everyone has some sort of baggage, mine will just be carried around with me everywhere I go!

I'm resting up these next few days before Christmas.  My Christmas wish isn't for material things.....I'd just like to be healed enough to sit!!  I'm off anti-biotics so can partake in Christmas cheer (there is a god!) and will obviously have good makeup and nails at a minimum. The odds are looking good that I can get my hair done on Tuesday which will brighten me up in more ways than 1!

Canucks won last night ending a losing streak so hopefully we're both on a winning path...for a while anyway!  Oh PS if you receive my updates via email it's great but visit the site on your laptop or iPad to see my pictures.  They're mid page right. 

#carly2conquercancer #carlysbaglife

XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...