Sunday, March 1, 2015

Week-ness

The big week is here and the week-ness has begun.  To be perfectly honest I've been feeling scared of this week for quite some time but have been occupying myself with friends and activities. 

I had an amazing week with Amber and Shauna who were so kind to fly in from Calgary to visit me.  I saw two movies in theatre, had some lovely dinners, strolled along the beach, chilled out on the couch and even hit some golf balls discovering that with work I could become a decent golfer.  2 great friends who helped distract from my week-ness.

This Wednesday is my PET scan.  I've under gone this scan twice before so know what to expect, but the scan represents reality telling me yay or nay to being cancer free. Results to be heard with my doctor on the 11th and obviously hoping for the best.  Pending the results, more information will follow on the debut of Winnie.  I joke it'll be "The Adventures of Carly and Winnie" .....how will our first date go or our first swim!  I feel some good comedy coming from this new relationship.  #colostomy

My week-ness needs to go away.  I'm no longer taking any medications as cancer treatment is done, but I still have some anxiety medication on hand.  I'm feeling quite anxious so have decided it'll be wise to take some pills to help me cope with this week-ness. I can only be so strong and anything I can do to help me stay strong needs to happen.  I just fibbed....I do take medication but it's hormones since I'm now in early menopause, however with these meds I feel no hot flashes or discomfort. Thank goodness for me and for you too!!!  Ask me to tell you the joke of my brother calling me the perfect girlfriend..it's a little racy to be on here, but it's hilarious. 

I need to stick to my routine this week for some stability meaning hyperbaric treatment then straight home, but welcome any visitors thereafter.  Mom and dad and Auntie Shelly and Gord are all back as of Monday afternoon, so the neighbourhood will be alive with laughter.  There is wine to choose from or I have accumulated a large selection of lovely teas and cute tea cups to serve it in. Never doubt my presentation at a tea party!

Near or far, I thank you for your support.  Thinking about how much love is out there for me really warms my heart. A year ago I hardly hugged or said I love you to people and now I hug...still working on the love you part...but I have replied "love you too" a few times of late. It's so much easier to write it and I'm saying it via the internet so it'll never disappear, I'm all about the permanent. 

Love y'all! 

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...