Wednesday, March 4, 2015

PET

When I was first diagnosed loads of tests and scans were ordered and quickly.  In between naps I'd return calls setting appointments one after the other.  One voice mail said they were calling to set up a pet scan.  I ignored the message and assumed she dialled a wrong number or thought my pet was in need of a scan.  A few days later I had another call regarding the same pet scan.  She asked me why I hadn't returned her call as it was important we set a date.  I told her it was me who was sick and not my cat.  She laughed and explained that a PET scan was short for Positron Emission Tomography.  Why didn't she just say so in the first place!

Today was my 3rd PET scan and when I was admitted I remembered that call, my first time laying in the chair, the first IV and being told I'd be radioactive after so not to go through any detectors nor get close to pregnant ladies.  After todays scan I was in contact with a pregnant nurse and told her to not get too close.  I was radioactive, mam please be careful it's my duty to tell you this!  She thanked me and another nurse assisted me instead. 

I asked the technician some questions about how the scan appears on their screens and she advised I can see it....but on CD and via mail in about 1 weeks time.  I'll know my results by then but think it'll be cool to see the imaging of organs and cells be it normal or abnormal function.  I'll literally be able to tell people they can get to know me inside and out! LOL

Back to hyperbaric tomorrow and the weekend is soon approaching. Like I said previously I'm trying to stay pretty chill staying close to home.  Sunday Jayson and his clan come over to mom and dads for dinner as we all haven't been together for a while.  It'll be busy with 4 kids no doubt wanting to play with me cause I'm an awesome auntie.  I like the game hide and seek or let's time how quiet you can be, winner gets a candy!   It'll be nice to catch up and also help distract me from thinking about Wednesdays results reveal.

Last night I put on sparkly nail polish to help me feel glamorous today but it's got to be off for tomorrow's session.  A short treat but guess I better stop typing and take it off.  I'm due to finish hyperbaric on the 17th so you know I'll be blinging my nails out soon thereafter.

Hope this blog finds you well & thanks for all your messages of support. It means a lot and helped me so much today that my battery was gone by 4pm!  

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...