Saturday, March 7, 2015

Countdown

Seems in life there's always some sort of countdown.  9 months until we're born, our 1st birthday, first day of school, graduation, becoming of legal age and so on.  Through my journey I've had lots of countdowns, first surgery, chemo and radiation and now waiting to hear if I'm cancer free. I made it through all the past countdowns so this will be no different.  I just hope I don't want to rewind and start counting backwards!

Every day I have new thoughts or feelings about my cancer journey and today I told myself that I'll accept whatever news I receive next Wednesday.  With this news I'll set some new countdowns. For example, I'd love to go see Jimmy (I just call him Jimmy cause in my mind were BFFS) and I'd like to learn how to golf. How great will it be to say "5 day countdown till I see Jimmy" or "3 days till I play my first 18 holes!"  I enjoyed my chemo/radiation countdown but obviously didn't enjoy the actual chemo, however the silly pics and games brought forth humour and smiles which is the best medicine.

I'm finding late night is a peaceful uninterrupted time to write. No phone calls, no emails and pure silence, minus the frog I've named Bubba who lives somewhere outside my bedroom window. One of these days I'm gonna put a frog face to this Bubba!  We might have a relocation project on the horizon! I lay in bed typing and when I'm done I feel relieved and ready to sleep & awake to another countdown.  

I challenge you to do some sort of countdown, be it silly or serious. Maybe it's a dinner date with an old friend or when you'll see your hair dresser...anything. "6 days till I see Susie". Take a pic of 6 fingers & you smiling.  It's kinda fun & who doesn't like to smile.  Get creative each day. If you do do something feel free to tag me with my hashtag #carly2conquercancer 

I know you read these blogs but I'm not getting many comments.  I love hearing from you be in on my blog or any other form of contact. Right now the more I hear from you, the less I hear of myself or Bubba!

Here's tonight's quote I tweeted:
"Don't compare your chapter 1 to someone else's chapter 20" - Unknown. 

"5 day countdown till I hear my cancer fate!"

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C




2 comments:

  1. It took me so long to figure out how to comment!! I love getting emailed ur new blog post, im crossing every finger and every toe for the news on Wednesday! I got ur card, its so sweet, thank you! Im gonna post urs tomorrow. Stay strong and please turn this blog into a book!! Sarah xxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. A book? I don't know about that lol

    Thanks for reading & being a great pen pall!

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...