Sunday, March 8, 2015

4 days...

4 days until I find out if I'm cancer free!  If you look at my recent pictures in the slideshow, you'll see me and 4 fingers. Tomorrow I'll do a pic of me and 3.  Stay tuned for what that'll be!

Today was a lovely day.  I had the Thomson/Gunther crew come over and we had a lovely visit over snacks, golf and good conversation.  It was my first time meeting Layla Thomson who's 7 months old.  She was born during my treatment when I was weak and couldn't visit her.

At the age of 2 months she was diagnosed with a hole in her heart.  Her and I are 39 years apart (both August babies) but we've had a tough go of late.  Layla had heart surgery last week and is now home and will be just fine.  She is my inspiration, my way of keeping hope.  Totally different circumstances but inspiration comes in many ways, shapes and sizes. 

Jayson, Maria and the kids came for dinner tonight as we haven't all been together since before Christmas.  They were in Detroit visiting Maria's family over the holidays and when they came home, I was in the hospital with my infection.  It's also Maria's birthday tomorrow so just another reason to get together.  I took cute selfies with all 4 kids and you can see them in my picture slideshow. 

Since their grandparents live in Detroit and Johannesburg, mom and dad sub in and the kids call my folks granny Marj and grandpa Grant.  Those kids have so much love for them near and far.  Like I said before when Jay moved here from Johannesburg he became like a brother to me and Shane and son to my folks.  Yes we're cousins but really it's more than that.  I love seeing my folks have fun with the kids since I'll never give them a grandchild and Shane seems no where near the kid stage himself but ya never know....no pressure Shane!  

The kids know I have cancer and today Holden asked me where exactly my cancer was.  He's such a sweet and concerned cool dude. Taylor being 12 tried to shush him cause she knows where but he asked and I answered. He sweetly told me he was learning about the human body so I told him my cancer was in my "girl parts". He said Oh..ok and moved on to ask me for some water.  Didn't faze him one bit, or if it did he didn't show it.  After a sip of water he asked if I'd be ok..that was a lot harder to answer since I don't know for sure. Told him I hoped so and will know soon. Somehow Winnie came up and he was a bit grossed out so I ended the conversation.  Who wants some watermelon? 

I'm off from hyperbaric tomorrow as they're doing maintenance so will do some errands getting set for another week of treatment and of course Wednesdays results.

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...