Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Final 2

Well my dear friends, seems that by the time you read this we're down to a 2 day countdown until Wednesday is here and my results are read.  It's a big day, almost like I'm getting proposed to or something, ah but no proposal...still single but hopefully ready to mingle!

So far my 5 day countdown has been pretty special in small ways and big ways.  Small things like me catching up on some sleep and big things like visits from all sorts of cousins.  I say all sorts because I have blood cousins and then I have the Boxing Day cousins.  Either way they're all my cousins since we've all been together since birth.

Didn't think I could top off yesterday's big day of golf and a fun family dinner but today was another great day.  It started off harsh physically as my body and I were fighting, just not feeling 100%. To take my mind off that, I completed my scrapbook and re-read all the cards sent to me these last 9 months.  It was so touching to hear all your voices in each and every card.  I've saved them all wrapped in a purple ribbon.  I love cards be it on the receiving end or sending and think it's a lost art.  I do what I can to keep it alive !

I still wasn't feeling so great so had a nap or as I call it "close my eyes and make it all better" then up & showered for a visit & tea with my cousin Claire. 

Both our initials are CA so that alone makes us cool, but just sitting and talking together 1 on 1 was a night I won't soon forget. Of course the cancer part was discussed, but I loved reminiscing about silly stories we knew or didn't know.  About us as kids and now as adults, which is crazy cause I can remember when she was born. It doesn't really feel like we're 13 years apart, or is that me just wanting to be younger ha ha ha But our ages are compatible and we plan to have some fun and soon. 

We had an amazing and inspirational Grandma, and tonight Claire got one of the most beautiful coats Grandma used to wear. It even has Grandmas initials sewn inside (MA). It looked gorgeous on Claire and I'm so happy she has a piece of grandma not only in her heart, but on her back too!  Mom kept it her closet ready to pass it along as it's always been meant for Claire and now they're together. It's a family treasure so maybe one day she'll pass it down to her future daughter.

Hyperbaric Tuesday with a volunteer driver.  Maybe he'll want to take a selfie with me to celebrate the 2 day countdown. I just realized day 1 is Wednesday or should I call that day zero, oh whatever, you know what I mean!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

1 comment:

  1. March 10, 2015

    Dear Carly

    Today I am thinking of you. I think of you every day. I wish for you positive news tomorrow and a plan for the next phase of your life. I trust that all your family and friends will continue to circle around you and support you as you find and focus on creating your own “new life”.

    This morning I read over all your blogs. (I skimmed a bit) seeking out the phrases and moments I thought most compelling and insightful to your journey. As I read them, it was the headlines that I began to focus on and so I leave you with my love, best energy for good news tomorrow and the following of your own thoughts that will encourage you to “be the person you want to be” and take advantage of whatever help there is to offer to get there on your own.

    Blogging vs Clogging – July 2014
    • A journal
    Therapy, Therapy, Therapy – July 2014
    • Personal. Professional, life coaching
    Can’t Plan Everything – July 2014
    • Absolutely right, we can plan some things
    Reality Check – July 2014
    • Dream big, keep it real, move forward – like Nike just do it
    Healing Hurts – July 2014
    • Only you know, only you – keep healing
    Song of the Day – August 2014
    • Music can lift, use it
    Reflection – August 2014
    • Good for the soul, gives a place to go back to and see how far you have come, and make plans to move forward
    Honesty is the Best Policy – September 2014
    • Always
    Thanksgiving – October 2014
    • Be grateful, it can be hard. Pay it forward
    Support – October/November 2014
    • Hug your parents, give support to others

    Scoreboard – December 2014
    • Keeping track, eye on the prize
    Knowledge is Power – December 2014
    • Educate, educate, educate, learn and leverage
    Embrace Life – December 2014
    • Every day in every way
    Healing Journey – January 2015
    • A journey is a perfect way to see it – moving forward, sometimes a few steps back, yet a goal in sight
    New Beginnings – January 2015
    • Yes, each day will bring something new and a new chance
    Make your Mark – February 2015
    • Something to do on you own – big or little
    Routine – February 2015
    • It works – over time
    Countdown – March 2015
    • Looking forward.

    Sending love, sending hope.

    Ox xo
    Aunty Shelly

    PS I had this in lovely font - darn google.




    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...