Sunday, March 15, 2015

Solid ground

For the last 4 days I've been floating on a cloud of happiness.  Obviously I'm allowed to be happy but it's time to come back down out of the clouds and onto solid ground. 

Before I got sick my friends and I tried to be somewhat routine about getting together. Birthdays and babies were always a given, and then my illness through a hiccup in to the mix.  Before my results were known, I invited 9 lovely ladies who are some of my longest and dearest friends, to come over Saturday evening.  It could have been a very sad get together but since the results were good everyone was smiling!  We planned a girls weekend in Sept to celebrate our 40th birthdays and even chose a date for a group photo shoot like we did for our 30th.  One of our funniest moments of the night was playing the game Heads Up.  9 girls yelling clues all at the same time was very funny.  If you don't have the game on your iPhone or iPad already I highly recommend you get it. Thank goodness I have a large expandable dinning table to sit all my guests! (wink wink Uncle B)

Monday brings forth the first week since July that I haven't been in some sort of treatment.  A milestone but the start of my new health journey.  I'm going to see my family doctor at noon to discuss food testing and ways to improve my health on the inside and the outside.  If I can continue to remain cancer free and become a better version of my beautiful self that means a new wardrobe....I can already see the cute outfits!  Hey, whatever motivates ya right?  I win both ways!

I'm going to start small and exercise at home using a medicine ball as there are tons of strengthening exercises I can do at no cost.  Until my next round of results and new ways of life come about, working out at home seems to be the most comfortable for me.  As time goes by I'm sure I'll spread my wings and venture to a class or 2, but I must remind myself to take things at an easy pace, not over doing it, conquering one day at a time.  

I continue to remain upbeat and optimistic but I've got lots ahead of me.  I can't wait to see how things turn out and with you all cheering me on how can I not remain positive and continue to thrive.  

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...