Saturday, March 28, 2015

Kid-less

I can only imagine how couples who are kid-less feel because they'd feel double what I'm feeling.  Why is it people have to make everything about kids?  You meet someone new at the drugstore, in your building, at work...anywhere, and what do they ask you "how many kids do you have?"  When I reply none, the looks and unacceptance can be so hurtful.

For kicks next time someone asks me that question within the first meeting convo, I'm going to say "none of your business" and walk away.  2 years ago a customer asked me this exact question and I replied I had none and she actually said "poor you". Like really, poor me?  Cause lady, if I wanted a kid it's not hard to get one, I just wasn't interested. And it's more like poor you with a temper-tantrum kid who's screaming at you all day.  Carly 1, Customer 0!  Oh and if I did have a kid, it be way better looking than yours!  Obviously I said none of this, took her insult, walked away and moved on.  

My environment this afternoon was a kids playground with a friend & her son, so obviously the parents talk kids.  Totally fine....but when I was asked the kid question & advised I was kid-less, I was told not to give up as she had a baby in her 40s.  They just wouldn't let up when I replied "no....can't have any either". A whole fertility conversation started. Like WTF people, it's none of your damn business.  I brought out the cancer card telling them I'm no longer fertile & perfectly OK with being an aunt.  Ya think that would have shut them up?  Nope...now he's telling me his job is creating babies.  Dude, can we just talk hockey....please!!!

I want to stress how much I love kids and the little people in my life.  I spoil when I can and love doing so, but that's all I need.  There was no doubt in my mind my whole life that I would only have kids if I was married. Well, news flash I'm not married!  Only one guy really ever made me want to have kids but he and I weren't meant to be, so when they asked me if I wanted to freeze my eggs before treatment I was totally fine saying no.  

There's so much going on in this world, but maybe the parents are so busy watching kid TV they don't know what's going on and are dumb so can't talk anything but kids?  Yup, that's what I'm going to believe.  Heck, maybe I'll meet a dude and be a step-monster to his child, or maybe he too is kid-less mad we get hotter as we age, travel all over & host the best parties.  

I must admit I really do want to find Mr Right as I dream of a wedding, of my dress.  That's my crutch.  If anyone sees Mr Right send him my way will ya...as long as he doesn't want kids LOL

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

1 comment:

  1. Got your card yesterday
    Thanks for the nice words
    The new crew is different but good
    I do not know why you enclosed the Zoe Stevens card though
    Stay strong and sometimes you will need to have thick skin as well

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...