Thursday, January 29, 2015

Oxygen addict

Another week is about to come to a close in the hyperbaric chamber.  Friday will be my 12th of 40 treatments, and after meeting with my cancer doctors this week, it appears I'm healing well.  Looks like I'm on track to see my Big Kahuna wound healed up when I celebrate my first 40th....my second & real 40th comes in August (gulp). 

Some "newbies" have joined in the chamber and more touching stories are now in my heart.  The longer my journey...the more people I meet....the more helpless I feel, not only for myself but for others.  There are lots of sick people out there and I just want to wave a pink wand and make it all well.  From cancer to Alzheimer's to Multiple sclerosis, many more cures are needed to answer so many more prayers. 

I was fortunate to see Oprah live when she was in Vancouver a couple years ago and now I'm reading her book.  She speaks a lot about living each day to the fullest and making life as best as you can.  She also speaks about purpose and your true calling.  As I said before I believe I was dealt this cancer journey to somehow help others.  Of course I need to get well before I can do most things, but I will give back...I will help others.  It shall be my purpose. 

I hope everyone has a great weekend.  It's a weekend full of sports. Friday: Canucks Sat:rest Sun: Canucks & Super Bowl.  I'm venturing to Fridays game and will be debuting my signed Bonino jersey I got for Christmas sitting in section 109!  Sunday I'll rest the body & soul watching hockey & football...can't get a much better day than that!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...