Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Palm reader

I remember in high school there was that one girl who could "read your palm" and tell you your future.  Pretty sure she told me I'd have 4 kids, live in Shaughnessy, my husband a lawyer & I'd live a long happy life.  Don't want to call her out but boy was she wrong!!  Still have a shot at Shaughnessy and the husband part though!

I have had a happy life, so that part of her read is true.  From suburbia to city living, I was blessed to grow up with a great family and made life lasting friendships along the way.  Some people say you can count your true friends on one hand but I disagree with this statement.  I have more true heart felt friends than I do fingers.  Friends who know me more than I know myself, friends who are the sisters I never had.  I may not have a sister but I do have an awesome brother who now goes by the name "Super brother!"  Just what I need more enthusiasm at family dinner....lord help me LOL

My journey began almost 1 year ago although I wasn't diagnosed until July. I was living in constant pain and visiting hospitals trying to get someone to help me.  I'd call my mom and friends crying asking them to tell me jokes to take my mind somewhere else.  I popped 1500mg of Tylenol/Advil every 6 hours and still hurt, it was an awful time.  Being diagnosed stopped that pain but brought more along the way, however I knew this new pain was to rid me of Big Kahuna and any cancer. 

March 4th I go in for another PET scan and will be told my results on March 11th. I need not say the negatives at this moment, I just ask we all pray or send out karma or write letters....anything....to help me hear "you ARE cancer free".  Being cancer free March 11th doesn't mean the end of this journey as I've got more curtain calls coming my way. I'll be finding out if I have chrones or IBF and also the birth of Winnie....my colostomy bag.  Winnie is especially important as she will give me the margins needed to be low risk for cancer reoccurrence, without her I'm high...not on drugs silly...high risk!

I continue to receive my hyperbaric treatment thru February and have friends Amber & Shauna coming out to visit from Calgary.  Not at the same time, but back to back. I'll be dropping one off at the airport and picking up the other! Mom & dad will be getting some well deserved R&R in Indian Wells (outside Palm Springs) until March. After my results are in we hope to return to Indian Wells to soak up some sun as a family.  This girl could definitely use a tan!

Love to you all!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...