Friday, February 20, 2015

Ode to Love

I had a taste of life lately or a more regular life, although there really is no such thing as regular.  I guess what I should say instead is, I've had a taste of socializing again and it was lovely.

Wednesday night I went out for dinner with my bro's.  Now when I say bro's, I'm not referring to the fact that I had a 2nd brother I never knew existed until last night, but instead referring to my cousin Jayson.  He really is more like a brother than a cousin and I hope he feels I'm the sister he never had or wanted, depending on how you look at it!  I introduce his wife as my sister in law to new people as it's so much easier than saying "....she's married to my cousin Jay who's more like my bro & who moved here from South Africa many moons ago & I call their kids my nieces & nephews". Yup SIL is way easier!  Back to the story, the three of us went out for dinner...talked some sports...some family stuff...some cancer stuff...and then headed home.  Good quality time just the 3 of us.  Kicking myself for not getting a selfie to document such a joyous occasion but they'd never let me anyway. Honorary brotherly shout out to Samuel Payne.

Thursday after hyperbaric I headed over to see Candice. She's been away frolicking on the beaches of Mexico with her boyfriend, so we needed some quality "wife" time together.  We had a couple drinks at our watering hole, Local at Kits beach, and then back to her house for a lovely salmon dinner.  Another great night, seems like I'm hitting them out of the park!

Today I said to Candice that I'm in a decent place of my journey. I know it's not over but the worst parts most likely are.  I just hope that I can find someone to love/marry and start a new chapter. I've got so much to give & feel generally ready to have to worry about someone else other than my cat Simba (but I always will of course).  I'm not afraid to share my story with new comers as you'll really see who doesn't scare easy. I mean dude...you missed diagnosis, treatment and surgery. Doesn't that make me a better catch LOL

Got some more social visits this weekend but also need some rest as I might be pushing myself just a wee-bit much. Next week is Calgary week with Amber arriving Mon-Thu and Shauna Fri-Sun.  I can't wait to see these amazing ladies. Amber was out just after I finished chemo/rad so I wasn't in half as good of shape as I am now.  If anyone wants to christen the local pub in Tsawwassen with us Monday drop a msg.

Here's today's quote from yours truly. 

"Without friendships it would be a lonely place.  I'd hate to be lonely". - Carly Allen

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...