Monday, February 16, 2015

Chin up

It's been 8 months since I was diagnosed with cancer.  Had I not had the pain of Big Kahuna I would most likely never had known I had cancer and most likely died.  It hurts to say that sentence but it's the truth.  2 weeks after diagnosis I had two groin lymph nodes removed which were at stage 3.  At the time I didn't really realize the severity of the situation but as my journey progressed into chemotherapy and radiation things became so much more clear and things so much more appreciated. 

Now that Big Kahuna has been removed (for new readers that's what I call my tumour) I'm hopefully cancer free.  I have to get better at saying that but don't want to jinx anything until a clear PET scan happens in March.  Gosh I hope it's clear...I can't think any other way.

Thank goodness for hyperbaric treatment to keep me busy every day.  It's helping me heal physically and so much more.  I truly feel the folks I meet in these sessions are angels to inspire me as I battle this war called cancer.  I hope my humour and silly jokes brings smiles to their faces and I hope they get comfort from me as I do them.

I've been missing my parents as they golf and soak up some sun in the desert, but we talk everyday sharing our ups and downs.  I don't know how I ever lived away for 8 years as Im struggling being away from them for 1 month.  This has to be a side effect of the hormones right? LOL

My friends and family continue to amaze me with visits, telephone calls and more.  I promise some sort of party will happen at the end of all this.  If I'm not getting married and have a theme I might as well just rename the event right?  Just you wait..it'll be amazing. My dad is rolling his eyes for sure as he reads this ha ha ha

I'll leave you with a quote I found the other day:

"A woman is like a tea bag: You cannot tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water"
-Nancy Reagan

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...