Monday, February 9, 2015

Hollywood

I've always been a sucker for award shows, specifically the red carpet interviews  & fashion.   The makeup, the designer we never heard of until "Sandra" walked in her dress, and the beautiful pics of "Sandra" as she came on stage to present an award.   Think I always dreamt of being "Sandra" but never did anything to be her, although secretly thought I could rock a well written sitcom and would honour German-Scottish-English Canadians when I was awarded my Oscar!

My dream was somewhat a reality in my silly world.  Me dressing up in different dresses as much as I could afford, a rocking shoe, some bling and of course lipstick....I always carry at least 3 shades for the 3 times of day.  Most who know me would probably say I was well dressed when I went out.  2 summers ago I purchased a darling fluorescent pink dress & received so many compliments on it whenever I wore it.  I was always shocked nobody had seen it cause it was sold at H&M...guess they just walked right by it!  True story at a wedding another girl wore the dress but the server at our table said I wore it better with a belt & cardigan. I felt like I was in the magazine under "who wore it best!"  Carly 87%, streetwalker 13%.  Yesssssss!!!

Over the last while I feel more booooo-llywood than I do Hollywood.  When strong enough during chemo & radiation I cheered myself up with makeup & selfies. I'd usually have afternoon treatment so had time to straighten my hair and put on some minor makeup.  It took me a while but it was my time...my escape.  Then I finished those rounds & had some fun time with my friends before surgery.  I totally pulled an SJP (Sarah Jessica Parker) outfit one night for Cathy's bday.  Colourful cardi, black lace tank, an A-line skirt with colourful stripes and the piece de resistance pink patent pumps...ah the SJP Angels sang to me that night.

As much good as the hyperbaric does for me physically, I've just lost a bit of me along the way.  It's an 8 week/40 sessions school you could say.  It's kinda like camping....no makeup, creams & nail colour. Although the way I camp I'd bring that stuff lol  I 100% understand & support the reasons as to why (safety first duh ?!) but it's been hard for me.  With all going on around me I don't have one thing going just for me. 

This has got me thinking about my hair. Now I can't use hairspray etc until after I'm out for the day, but I think it's time I get some Hollywood vibes back with a new doo. Now just for the record I'm not shaving it off like Sinead O'Connor, I don't want to be scary.  I still want to be go-lucky fashionista like Carly.  I know I need a trim but have been asking for feedback on my posted pics of lavender /mauve hair.  I know some of you cringe....I get it....but I think it might be something that's been beautiful on many that I too could make beautiful.  I've got 1 week to decide and you're welcome to share your vote either way but it shall be decided by the one and only.......moi!

Now really is the best time to try this new look cause I'm pretty much in hiding Monday through Friday with hyperbaric!  That means fun with makeup & lavender hair to be had on the weekends! Kind of like a relationship, but that's a whole other blog!

Place your votes as you see fit but ya only live once! 

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...