Sunday, January 11, 2015

Healing journey

I couldn't have chosen a better team of doctors and nurses to take care of me while at VGH.  When I left to come home I gave thank you cards to those who tended to me most as they had become my friends.  Of course I wanted to come home and return to somewhat of a normal life but leaving was harder than I thought it would be.  I hugged & cried with a few nurses as I walked to the elevator wearing my new sweatsuit and Addidas runners mom had just got me. Mom really wants me to throw out and old and over-worn hoodie and think this was her making a point!

I've now been home 3 sleeps, about to be 4, and settling back in to a new routine.  Tomorrow I have orientation with the hyperbaric chamber team hopefully to get me starting my sessions ASAP.  I really need to heal in order to get Winnie and the margins needed to remain cancer free.  Lately I've been saying "Team Winnie"....never thought I'd say that months back.

This coming week brings forth packing, with friends and family coming to my apartment Saturday and Sunday.  I have some fierce packers signed up and think all will be done sooner than later.  Simba will no doubt be mad at me but once he settles in to our new home all will be forgotten.

I know lots of you receive my blog updates via the email link vs looking on my actual site.  Please know the email link is a "do not reply" service.  I will NOT receive any emails from you that way.  You're able to comment via website blog using a signed in gmail account or click Anonymous writing your comment choosing to sign your name or not.  Many of you choose to email me directly and that too is fine.  Looking on the actual site also shows you pictures I post via Instagram. To see the caption just click on the picture. This is where the magic happens!

My legs feel better and I'm sitting longer so progress is being made. The pain is still there but it's manageable and hope to be back driving soon.  If you want to invite yourself over for a visit please don't be shy as your visits are the light keeping me going and I thank you dearly.

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

5 comments:

  1. Hey!! All those sappy comments I have been sending you these past months have disappeared into cyber space!!! Guess your Mom put a bug in your ear to enlighten me on the ways of the internet -- ( and I thought I was pretty tech savvy ) glad you are home!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a late reply...how terrible of me. Mom did tell me you replied to the emails. Shame they're lost but welcome your comments here. I need more on here. Looks like nobody cares but I've got loads of views so most just read and no reply which is fine. All the best! XOXO. C

      Delete
  2. I haven't officially signed up but I was planning to be there this weekend. If you have enough help and need me on a different day to help unpack instead, let me know! oxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. All caught up :)

    Melissa Franks

    ReplyDelete
  4. Way to go on this blog miss carlyxx

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...