Monday, January 19, 2015

New beginnings

New beginnings, how many times do we say that in our lifetime?  High school, college, first apartment, first love, first heartbreak, maybe marraige & kids, divorce or like me....cancer.  We love to say "here's to new beginnings" and I've said that a lot since July and tomorrow is no different.  

With a fresh move in to a beautiful new place, I hope this new beginning can be joyful and happy.  I leave behind the apartment where I felt so much pain physically and emotionally.  The apartment where some not so happy Dr phone calls were received and where my family and I huddled coping with unhappy news.  May my new home bring forth tears of joy rather than sadness and help me cope with whatever is next on my journey.

I'm not sure if it's a good thing or a bad thing that I don't have a husband & rather a cat.  A husband would have to go through so much helping me but could have relieved my parents however my cat is awesome.  He's always here for me when I get home, he loves to snuggle but not too much and always seems to listen when I need an ear.  Dear god....am I really a crazy cat lady?  No...no...I'm not.  Crazy cat ladies have at least 4 cats! Right?

Time for my last sleep in my old home waking up tomorrow to movers, my amazing parents and my new beggining.  Geeze...I'm tearey eyed & I've packed my darn Kleenex...ugh!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


2 comments:

  1. Ahhh new beginnings.
    What a wonderful gift. A brand new day.
    Wise Aunty Shell says she loves you and offers a few words of wisdom! My children laugh at this as there are never a "few words"! That being said, they still ask for them and I can't really resist offering them….and so, with love, here they are…...

    There are times, events, and bumps that you cannot control. We will be there to support you when they happen. Always.
    Every day is influenced by what you are going through. It is impossible for it not to be. Only you really understand the extent and scope.

    What you can do is take charge of what you can.
    Take your new beginnings gift and move forward bit by bit - strive fiercely for independence and the independent soul I know you are.
    Do things. Learn, Create, Clean toilets (with a long brush to reduce bending). Snuggle your cat. Help others. Help yourself. Save for your future.
    Eat Healthy. Drink Water. Walk a little farther every day. Breathe deeply.
    Laugh every day. It might hurt - worth it!
    Know that I am here for you, your mom, your dad, super brother, Uncle B and KA who I know are on this journey with you.
    Love ya neighbour! Aunty Shell. oxoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Neighbour, aunt, friend..a wise woman... I thank you & love you XOXO

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...