Friday, January 23, 2015

Settled in

I've been in my new home since Tuesday and things are going well.  With the help of my family & friends I've been very blessed and well set up for a successful move.  Mom and Katyann might have set a record for quickest kitchen set up and dad hung mirrors and pictures with care meaning "can someone pass me a tape measure".  The least I could do was order some yummy Chinese food as a thank you #nomsg! 

Simba is 12 and I've never seen him so happy.  He was 1 when Nalla joined our family and since her passing and now being in a new home, he's living the dream.  You can see the cute pics I've posted of him throughout the apartment on this blog via my Instagram. I'm training him on how to use the cat door getting in to the storage room where his liter box is kept...that's a work in progress.  He goes in fine but doesn't understand he can come out the same way.  I think the flap kinda freaks him out!  At least I have some entertainment lately!

I've just finished another 3 sessions in the hyperbaric chamber with 7 total now under my belt....or should I say helmet!  Many people are asking me if I'm feeling different as a result of this treatment, and I can't say yes or no.  When I go to my check up at the cancer clinic this week, I'll ask them if my progress is on par or ahead of where they'd like me to be.  I definitely feel stronger than 2 weeks ago, walking much better and taking less medications. I've over-done it a couple days but it general feeling good.  My wobbling isn't as noticeable but I still use my cane so when in public people don't look at me funny and it emotionally gives me a little more strength. 

My chamber sessions are full with 8 of us each day. You start to get to know a bit about each other's reasons for being in the chamber and share some stories.   We wear provided head phones under our helmet to give us sound watching the movie of the day, or you read a magazine/book.  I've been fortunate that my ears adjust well to the diving process but not all patients can handle the pressure in their ears.  Biggest change for me is lotions & makeup.  No deodorant, makeup or lotion can be worn in chamber as they're combustible hazards.  My skin has never been so dry so once I'm home I cream up and probably feel like a slimy snake! I don't mind the no makeup so much, as my prep time has decreased dramatically Monday through Friday and not smelling poorly as a result of no deodorant...thank goodness!

This weekend I'll finish my bedroom set up and all will be complete. When you coming over to visit?  Invite yourself anytime!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C





No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...