Monday, January 26, 2015

Monday Funday?

If you look in my grade 7 year book, beside my baby picture is the caption "I hate Mondays!"  This is a general true statement for me but today I can say I had a lovey day.  It was not a day full of glamour or treats, just an all around good day.  Today I felt great support from my hyperbaric roommates and doctors giving me more strength on this cray-cray journey.  

After hyperbaric treatment I headed over to the Cancer Agency for a check up with my radiologist.  We had a great conversation about life and cancer and how they affect each other.  It was pretty deep and meaningful and he gave me some examples of how other patients have used their cancer journeys to mold their futures.  This is exactly what I see and want to happen for me. 

We spoke about my progress and healing and what to expect going forward. Thing is...we can't really say what's going to happen until some questions are answered.  I've had chemo, radiation and then my tumour removed but also had a set back with my infection and one & a half week stay in the hospital.  My skin won't heal quickly as a result of the radiation so no further surgeries can happen until I'm completely healed and have a clear PET scan come March. 

It appears I may have chrones so some super fun tests are coming my way to confirm to what extent.  I'll take chrones over cancer any day but with chrones comes more challenges...basically I'm just a bombshell of a challenge, but nothing new there right? 

Are you impressed I still have my grade 7 year book?  Year was 1987/1988 and I attended Jules Quesnel or "JQ" which still stands & is attached to Lord Byng Secondary in Vancouver. I remember watching the older kids at Byng thinking how cool they were....all grown up.  All I want now is to be in grade 7 again with no worries larger than what to wear to school and being taller than everyone else.  Lots sure has happened and changed since then however I'm still the same height! #shortie 

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...