Wednesday, November 26, 2014

Whac-A-Mole

From the time I was tall enough to get on the rides, my uncle took me to the PNE for my birthday until the age of 16.  I kept all the stuffed animals he won me until my parents sold our family home and was told they either move in with me or go for sale in the garage sale.  I chose the garage sale as I already had 3 roommates and needed no more. I like to think those animals made a little girl happy like they did me.  

One of the many games you'll find at the PNE and other city fairs is whac-a-mole.  If you've ever gone to the PNE or Calgary Stampede with me, you know I always play this game.  I'm not sure if I play because of childhood memories, because it has the best odds or just to whack the crap out of something & it being OK.  I was reminded about this game last week and realized how much it relates to what I'm going through and life in general.  You don't know which hole or when the mole will pop up, but the game is to whac-a-mole.  Some you whac and some you miss.  

19 weeks ago I was told I had cancer.  We know what hurdles I've been thru thus far and I like to think I whacked chemo and radiation although they really whacked me ...I just took the hit hoping for a stuffed animal.  In 12 days another whac is coming and I'm scared the hammer will miss.  This is the most unease I've felt so far and hopefully the end to treatment.

Life is a sequence of games. You just need to figure out how to win.

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C






2 comments:

  1. You are strong! And will whack this mole as you have always done! Lots of love -Amber

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great analogy Carly and I am a whack-a-mole fan also! I think it's a combination of the smacking the crap out of something and even when you miss it feels good, haha!! We must be related right;) Anyways, I just want to say that you have hammered all the moles so far and your surgery on the 8th will be a big mole...but you shall beat the absolute crap out of that one too! Love and hugs Cuz! Xoxoxoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...