Monday, November 3, 2014

Fractions

Parents talk months for their babies age and in cancer we talk fractions...or at least we did today.

Today was my first appointment with my radiation doctor since the end of treatment and he gave me great news.  Over the past 6 weeks my tumour has continued to shrink and is 1/10th it's original size! This is exactly what we wanted to hear.  

When I was first seen they told me in order to remove the tumour without complication it had to shrink but there was no guarantee.  So far the shrink has happened and now I need the no complication part to follow. This coming Wednesday I meet with my surgeon and hope to hear more good news.

It's oh-so real right now.  I remember when this part was so far away and now it's here.  I still feel scared, anxious and uneasy but keep telling myself it too will pass. 

Since my journey began, 2 friends of mine have been diagnosed and joined the cancer club.  We all handle & feel things differently but I leave any newly diagnosed person with this advice:
-listen to your doctors as they are the best in the world
-stay positive
-ask for help & know when to say no

We're now in the month of November, or Movember, raising money and awareness for Men's cancers. How do I create a month to raise money for my type of cancer?  Nothing sounds as catchy but I sure know how to throw a party!  Adenocacinoma June just doesn't sound so good lol. 

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C






No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...