Sunday, November 9, 2014

Surgery set!

Extra extra read all about it.....this just in...December 8th big kahuna will be removed!

For anyone who doesn't know or remember, when this cancer journey began I named my tumour big kahuna.  I like to name things...my car goes by snowflake & my cats a Lion King theme.  I should probably rename big kahuna "little kahuna" since it's now shrunk in size but a name is a name!

I received a call Thursday letting me know surgery will happen December 8th at VGH.  I won't know what time until the 7th when I call admitting to find out.  They most likely schedule surgeries by order of importance but I like to think I'm important lol

I've had a lovely time this week visiting with cousin Crissy otherwise known as our favourite cousin from the east.  Rumour has it we had much success shopping but I will not deny nor confirm such news.  A nice family weekend of dinner and visits topped off with a successful Canucks road trip makes for a good time.  However my good time has come to an end as I find myself fighting a cold.  

My pops was a young soldier in WWII.  He was awarded the military cross & took part in the liberation of Holland.  A few years ago I read the letters he sent home to his wife during the war & envisioned a small part of what he went through.  I remember him often but will honour his memory and sacrifices Tuesday.  Lest we Forget. 

If I'm half as strong as Pops and my other grandparents were surgery has nothing on me!  

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...