Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Country strong

The Country Music Awards were on tonight and I found myself a bigger country fan.  The messages behind these songs are uplifting and/or touching.  A place where whiskey and a good looking man can make it all better.   A place where jeans and sparkly dresses are high fashion.  A place I'd like to go. I'll be country strong. 

Today I met with my surgeon to hear more about my upcoming surgery.  I don't have an exact date but it looks like early-mid December will be "party" time.  Once the doctor looks over her calendar I'll hear an exact date.  The agenda won't be written in stone as they won't really know what surgery will bring until it happens.  

If the tumour has shrunk enough & left enough space to remove it without affecting surrounding areas, they'll do so.  If there's not enough room or scar tissue appears to be part of the tumour, they'll perform a biopsy and complete surgery #1.  Once the biopsy results come back we'll know if it's scar tissue or not.  We'd want it to be scar tissue as if it's cancerous & on the sphincter that means a colostomy will happen.  Surgery #2. Basically room is needed around the cancer to avoid it from spreading.  Gosh that was a mouthful.  Are you confused 'cause I kinda am lol

Until December comes I'll download some new country songs and hope I beat cancer like Miranda Lambert beats her competitors.  Looks like some sparkly country boots are in my future...you know I love me some sparkle!

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C




2 comments:

  1. Woop Woop! Here we go cousin! I'm feeling positive - 1 surgery, and 1 surgery only. Also - I hear you on the Country music- I'm feeling the love for a man in plaid, strumming guitar and sipping on whiskey. Its a genre I can get behind :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news Carly and I am feeling so confident you will need just one surgery and that this will go well. You have been nothing but positive and strong and just wonderful that your body has been given its best chance!!! You are a superstar and I believe sparkly cowboy boots would be so great!! You could really rock them! Love you! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...