Saturday, July 4, 2015

Sunshine

Vancouver has been spoiled with so much sunshine this past while. I can't even recall the last day it rained.  I haven't been able to enjoy the weather as much as I'd like to, but it looks like this sunshine is staying.  I'm not quite at the point to jump on my bike and go for a long ride but it's coming.  The sunshine is calling me and Mango & the call will be answered soon! 

Friday at 8am I checked in at the Cancer Agency and just after 9am I was prepped and ready for the OR.  Woke up in recovery an hour or so later and walked out with Mom around 1130am.  It's unreal how fast these procedures can be done!  I was really feeling the anesthetic and nausea this time round and it took until Saturday afternoon to turn the curb. Thanks to my mom, Dawn & Renee for helping/checking in on me. 

Dr Lee ended up doing 2 biopsies.  The first was as planned for the uterus and another close to where Big Kahuna was. My PET scan did show some abnormality in the "south" region, so it's a good idea to check it out.  If cancer decided to show it's face again at least we will have caught it early. That's the positive Carly speaking. The angry Carly can't help but think of the "will" questions. How will it be treated?  Will I end up with Winnie after all?  Will I need more chemo?  Will I be ok?

One thing I've learned having cancer and being told I was cancer free, is that it's never really over.  No matter how many scares, biopsies or "will" questions one might have, you have to keep going. This cancer club never turns off the lights and locks the doors. Admission is free but once you're in it's hard to get out back into the sunshine. 

#carly2conquercancer

XOXO

C

  

2 comments:

  1. I relate to this so much: "This cancer club never turns off the lights and locks the doors. Admission is free but once you're in it's hard to get out back into the sunshine." Perfectly said. I've been in the club for six years and I still can't find the exit door. Was super nice to meet you at inspire this week - loved the humour and brightness you brought into the room.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pleasure all mine! Thanks for finding my blog and commenting.

      Delete

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...