Thursday, July 16, 2015

Keep counting!

I'm excited to announce that my cancer free days will continue.  Tuesday was day 126 since hearing I was first cancer free and was told to keep on counting.  I like to keep track of the days, as it keeps all in perspective and helps me remember how lucky I am to still be here. One year ago I had stage III cancer and today I don't. Sureal.

Hearing results from scans isn't something I get too worked up over, but when biopsies are involved it's a different story.  I called super-brother as I wasn't feeling comfortable in driving myself to the doctor, and of course super-brother was there for me and I arrived at my appointment on time.  Mom met me there and when I came out she greeted me with a big hug as I told her I was ok (I might have chocked up a little).  

An MRI will come about in the near future as they want to get a closer look at what the PET scan showed.  When they did the biopsies it was an approximate area per the PET scan so an MRI will let them know if any other areas need to be tested.  Doesn't appear to be something to worry about but we need to make sure.  I'll continue to have scans and check ups every 3 months since I remain high risk for reoccurrence.  Cancer takes time to grow but we'll find it if it does.

Now it's time to concentrate on getting my body stronger and my energy levels higher.  Fatigue is still very much a battle along with a new eating regime. Even though my Crohn's Disease is considered to be on a milder level, I really struggle with food so often find myself not eating which is in no way healthy.  As of today I've begun a 30 day health plan which involves meal replacement shakes, exercise and a low-calorie healthy dinner.  The goal is to get an energy boost, lose a few pounds and rejuvenate my body which has been through so much this past year.

My bike Mango and I will be spending lots of time together over the next 30 days so my Instagram (linked on this blog) will no doubt show pictures of our adventures. I welcome guest appearances if anyone wants to join us for a ride.

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...