Sunday, July 26, 2015

Lotto

I might have bought one or two lotto tickets in my life.  I've always said it was a waste of money which is a crazy if you see how much jewelry and shoes I own!  I'm thinking now might be the time to buy a ticket. But how do I chose the numbers?  The diagnosis date, surgery dates, scan dates, cancer free date or just all my best friends birthdays since this is our big year turning 40.  Maybe I'll do both methods and see if I have some more good fortune come my way.

But with good fortune always comes highs and lows, and the past month has been low. Good thing is, I'm climbing back to the high levels again.  I've made it through week one of meal replacements with Isagenix, got on my bike and purged some stuff I just don't use anymore...even getting a few bucks for them too!  My immediate goal is to get through this 30 day program and now that the first week is over I'm starting to get my rhythm. I'm impressed with the shakes but the cleanse days are disgusting. The next 3 Monday's I cleanse and no doubt will be poutting!  Not so much for food but for the awful taste of the stuff I drink.  But it's gotta happen and I'm no quitter.

I started a journal called "My 5 favourite things" in early Februaury. Each night when I go to bed I write 5 things I'm thankful for as well as a quote and a couple notes as to what I did that day.  My 5th thing is always how many days I'm cancer free. Saturday night was 137 and my quote was 'Positivity is a choice'. This is so very true and I've tried to be as positive as possible during this battle.

In speaking with my Wellness Coach she's asked me to look farther ahead and set some goals. My ultimate life goal is to work in the Health Care system either at the Cancer Agency or a Hospital.  Such inspiring and lovely ladies support our patients, doctors and nurses and I want to join their team in 2016!  Going back to school is a goal I'm working towards now that I've heard my cancer hasn't come back.  I haven't enrolled yet but expect to soon after a few more questions are answered and some additional information received. Future looks bright.  Lots of hard work but I'm ready...if I can beat cancer I can get this diploma!

Pretty sure I'll be buying those lotto tickets but with over 31,000 views on this blog you can't all chase me for a loan...I'd be broke in no time!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...