Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Canada eh?

Dealing with illness is tough no matter where you live in this world, but I'm so thankful be in Canada eh?  I can't imagine not having medical coverage like I've had. Being diagnosed while unemployed has had it's share of challenges, but nothing compared to what I might have had to go through in another country.  Happy 148th birthday Canada!

I got a call from Dr. Lee today with my PET scan results. There is still something on my uterus, which I'm calling "alien" since we don't quite know what it is.  We do know it's about 2cm in size but that's about it.  The biopsy will reveal more but Dr. Lee hopes it's just a benign uterine fibroid.  I had no clue what that meant so brought up Google and found out it's common for many women in their childbearing years.  To think at 39 I was still in the childbearing years made me smile but the real good news is that it rarely leads to cancer.  The biopsy will give us answers to these questions, but fingers crossed it's just that.

The scan also showed some irregularities in my surgical area.  Nothing too alarming quite yet but still needing some looking into.  So while in surgery for my "alien" biopsy, if Dr. Lee needs to do anything else she can.  She also ordered an MRI which targets the area directly giving more specifics.  I could possibly be inflamed from Crohn's Disease so we shall see what is discovered. I didn't find myself overly worried today as it's not terrible news but it wasn't better results than my last PET scan.

The good news is that my lymph nodes are clear!  This was the biggest concern so needless to say a huge sigh of relief that radiation has done its job (even though not fun). I must give kudos to the Cancer Agency for watching me so closely.  If anything should pop up at least we'll find it sooner than later. World class doctors and nurses who truly care about you and who have inspired me.  They watch me closer than I watch The Vancouver Canucks...well maybe not, I am a die hard fan. 

July 11th will mark my 1 year anniversary since being diagnosed with cancer and I'll probably find out all these answers around then.  What a year and journey it's been, but at least this Canada Day I'm still a Canuck eh?!

XOXO

#carly2conquercancer

C


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello everyone.  I wanted to do a final entry and inform you of the new way I'll be blogging moving forward.  I just realized that today...